Sunday, August 9, 2009





It has been a busy few weeks for us. Our big news is that I have accepted a job back in Goodland and will be moving back around the first of October. I am going back to Rasure Lumber which is now two stores one in Goodland and one in Colby, my time will be split between both stores. We are trying to get to all our favorite spots in the next two months. Today we went on a driving trip over Marshall Pass which is an old railroad grade that the Denver Rio Grand Line used in the late 1800's until the mid 1900's (today it is very popular with bicyclists). Then to Buena Vista to eat at K's (a great little spot-don't miss it if you are in BV) and back into Gunnison over Cottonwood Pass. Cottonwood is an old stage line road which is now really popular and has as much traffic in the summer as Monarch Pass has. It was a great trip and a lot of beautiful scenery. One other thing we woke up to 28 degrees this morning, I guess fall is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

We can't wait to have you all back in Goodland!! We know you will miss Gunnison and all your friends!!

Linda McKenzie said...

I'm jealous that you got to eat at K's. :)